MINDSET College (New Life)
Supported by MINDSET, New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association and three mental health agencies who are Baptist Oi Kwan Social Services, Caritas – Hong Kong and The Mental Health Association of Hong Kong have co-organized the MINDSET College. We provided recovery-oriented courses for enhancing the well-being of people in recovery and their families, professionals and people who concern with their mental health.
Participation Equality, Promoting Growth, Enhancing Hope, Co-producing Recovery
Through the "co-production” teaching mode, we strive to encourage participants to rebuild their meaningful life, develop their talents, be involved together, enhance well-being and support each other’s recovery journey.
People who aged 15 or above and are interested in enhancing whole person well-being (No special prerequisite)
Holistic with diversity for people from various background with different needs
- People-oriented with diversified choices (Selection of courses according to own needs)
- Interactive learning for mutual growth (Mutual learning among teachers and students in co-production)
- Strengths-based with peer support (Explore potential and strengths through learning together with peers)
- Re-constructing life through education opportunity (Master own living and learning through participation in College)
Scope of Curriculum:
- Recovery: Experience the wisdom of the spirit of distress and life challenges, as well as explore our own strengths
- Self-Advocacy: Learn to make use of resources and express needs
- Building Life: Learn to face problems and challenges as well as establish the positive way of life, interpersonal and social roles
- Keeping Well: Enhance well-being and build a wonderful and healthy life
- Peer Development: Learn to support the peers and implement to the daily life
- Family / carer support: Strengthen the understanding of mental health and enhance the relationship with people-in-recovery with mental illness
People from various background, e.g., those who have recovery experience and their families, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, counsellors, peer support workers etc. People from different background are welcome to co-produce in curriculum planning, thus facilitating mutual learning.
Sliding scale according to course length. Please complete application form with admission fee of HK$20. For more details, please refer to our service leaflet (Chinese Version only).